This Sunday, June 13th:
- Beginning this Sunday June 13th, and continuing on June 20th, and 27th, we will host our Next Steps Sundays. This will be a time for us to share with you all the different ministry opportunities that are available at New Life. There will be a booth in the foyer so you can check out the different ministry opportunities that you can be a part of and find your fit here at NLF!
- The passage for this week’s Scripture Engagement time is John 6:26-29 if you would like to read or study it before this Sunday.
- Our VBS kids will sing at 10:20 am, between the 9:00 am and 10:30 am worship services. If you plan to participate, please have your child meet in the Campground classroom in the Children’s ministry hallway by 10:10am.
- There will be Kid’s Country and Connect Preteen programming, as well as nursery & toddler care during the 10:30 am service.
- “Made to Praise” Kids’ Choir will meet during the 9:00 am service. They will be dismissed following adult worship.
- There will be coffee and light refreshments between the two services.
- The service will be live streamed on FaceBook and on the church website nlf-online.church during the 9:00 am service. It will be accessible on both Face Book and the New Life website if you prefer to watch the service at a later time.
VBS In Full Swing!
This week has been an amazing week at VBS! Our children have had so much fun participating in the Mystery Island activities, Bible stories, crafts, games, and watching a live drama each evening!! This Sunday our children will sing at 10:20 between the two worship services. Don’t miss out on the chance to hear about the week and see pictures of all the activities! A huge thank you to all our VBS Volunteers and especially to Allecia Leer and Heidi Brohm for all their hard work in planning and making this week possible for our kids!! 85 children from our church and community have had the opportunity to grow in their faith and learn more about the “One True God”!!
Ladies Summer Biking:
On Monday June 14th there will be a ladies bike ride at 6:30 pm on the Pumpkinvine Trail (from Shipshewana to Middlebury). If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Kay Simmons or Kim Taylor.
Moms-n-More Summer Outings:
Moms-n-More will be having play dates in the park this summer for moms and their kids! The first event will be Thursday, June 17th at Wolfe Park in Shipshewana. Meet at the park at 10:00 am. Pack a picnic lunch for you and your kids. (In case of rain, this event will be canceled.) If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Alissa McDonald.
Nursing Home Outreach:
As we did at Christmas and Easter, New Life will be providing a small gift of encouragement to area nursing home residents! The NLF Missions team has purchased pin wheels and will attach a notecard to each one. This past year has been especially difficult for many of the residents in the nursing homes and we want them to know they are loved and prayed for! The pinwheels need to be assembled and the notecards attached. For anyone interested in helping with this project, we will be meeting at the church on Thursday, June 24th, at 9:00 am to assemble the gifts. If you have any questions, please contact Jasmin Miller.
FOOD NEEDED FOR SUMMER DELIVERY PROGRAM TO CHILDREN:
A local ministry – Reason 4 Hope – is offering a food delivery program this summer. The program started last year with the hopes of helping families who were struggling through the pandemic. Reason 4 Hope will be offering deliveries this summer with the goal of helping, in a small way, to ease grocery costs for the families who could benefit from the extra food. The program is open to any student attending a school within Westview Corporation and those children up to 18 years old living in the same household.
The deliveries are made once a week, during the summer, and include 3 lunches and 6 snacks.
Some of the nonperishable items needed are: (Everything needs to be individually prepackaged.)
- 500 -16 oz bottled water
- 500 – 100 % juice boxes or juice pouches
- 500 – Chewy granola bars
- 500 – Individual packages of chocolate chip cookies
- 500 – Individual packages of cheese crackers
- 500 – Individual packages of pretzels
- 500 – Individual packages of fruit chews
- 500 – Individual packages of mini muffins
If you are interested in donating, please contact/text Jasmin Miller. She will be keeping a list of the needed items as they are filled. Any extra items will be donated to the families at the last delivery date this summer.